Transitioning to Hospice is a simple process.
Once you have completed the hospice enrollment process, a nurse will meet with you and your family to review medications, address immediate concerns, and provide education about the disease process and your individual care plan. Our team will continue to work with your physician by providing regular updates and receiving consultation throughout this journey.
Your Circle of Care team work together to complete a comprehensive assessment of your physical, psychosocial, emotional, and spiritual needs. They will help educate your family and loved ones, supporting them as they learn how to best care for your daily needs.
We work with your family to create a plan of care that focuses on providing comfort for you and support for your family and loved ones during this difficult journey.
Care Plan Includes:
- The patient and family identified goals, needs, and concerns
- The interventions that will be provided for addressing identified goals, needs, and concerns
- A schedule of visits to be made by hospice staff
- All medications currently taken related to the terminal illness, including both prescription and over-the-counter medicine
- Equipment and supplies that are needed, including such items as adjustable beds, shower bench, oxygen, wheelchair, and other items to keep the patient comfortable, independent and safe